Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I Voted

Today was the North Carolina primary election, and, being the good citizen I am, I went and voted. Of course, I am a good citizen who wants the government to stay out of areas that are none of its business (something our officials seem to have a hard time doing), but nonetheless.

We had a number of bond referendums up for vote, and seeing that our current stewards have been doing a poor job with what we have already entrusted them, I voted against all of them. Now if there had only been a referendum against spending tax payer dollars on those stupid “I Voted” stickers, I would have given my hearty “Aye”. Alas, such was not up for the vote. Understandably. Even discussing such a thing would be a waste of time and money, and our officials wouldn’t dare waste time and money, would they?

No comments: